Recipe by kestrel
I love this recipe because it is so simple and easy to make. Changing the herbs or leaving them out makes this dish completely different each time.
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof prewashed sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup medium-dry sherry
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram or 1⁄4 teaspoon your favorite herbs, crushed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in an iron skillet.
- Add mushrooms and stir so they are coated with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle on the salt and pepper to taste.
- When the mushrooms look only slightly soft, add the sherry and optional marjoram or other herb.
- Stir occasionally until the sherry and liquid given off from the mushrooms has mostly evaporated.
- A little liquid left is OK.
- Serve hot.