Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
DH liked this, and he hates chicken by and large.
Make and share this Easy Sherried Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 3 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine, good quality
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Cook the macaroni al dente. Drain; combine the chicken with it in the saucepan (but off of heat).
- Spray a medium casserole dish. Put the macaroni and chicken in it.
- In a medium saucepan, combine soup, cheese, thyme, sherry and broth. (To get the most flavor from thyme, rub it between your palms into the saucepan.) Cook over medium heat until cheese melts. Watch it; it can scorch. Pour it over the macaroni; mix lightly.
- Combine panko with butter, stirring lightly with a fork until mixed. Top the casserole with the crumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for about 50 minutes, until sauce is bubbling and crumbs are lightly browned.
My family thought that this only tasted ok. I did use chicken broth instead of beef. Made for Photo Tag