Easy and affordable meal I used to make as a kid. My family loved it.
Make and share this Easy Shepherd's Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ground beef and add onion; cook until onion is transparent.
- Add soup, veggies and garlic and mix, pour into a oblong baking dish.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- •Looking for a variation on this recipe? Try this: Instead of topping with mashed potatoes and cheese, top the casserole with a single layer of tater tots instead. This is also a big hit.
This was easy to make. The only change I'd make in the future would be to lower the garlic salt and add straight garlic. It came out a bit salty for my taste. The most impressive thing was that my wife and both my kids liked it and ate without any arguing (A rarity in my house)
This was a quick and easy recipe to make up. We enjoyed it very much. I did make a couple of changes to the recipe to suit our taste. The main change was I added cajun seasoning to give it a spicy flavor and I didn't add the cheese untill the last 5 minutes of baking. I will definately make this recipe again.
To respond to Jellyeating Bob....shepards WATCH their sheep, they don't eat them. Shephards eat cows....