1/2 Photos of Easy Shepherd's Pie
1 hr 10 mins
Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2In a big skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown; drain off fat.
- 3Stir 1/4 cup flour and dry onion soup mix into the meat.
- 4Stir in cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, 3/4 cup water, and the ketchup.
- 5Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally; taste for seasoning and adjust.
- 6Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cup water, butter, and salt; bring to boiling; remove from heat.
- 7Add dry potato flakes and milk, stirring until combined.
- 8Stir in eggs, 1 cup flour, and baking powder.
- 9Spoon meat mixture into an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish; spoon potato mixture in mounds on top of meat mixture.
- 10Bake, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until tops of potatoes are golden.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.3
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 1001.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 28.0 g