Recipe by AmyTeachesCali
Very good cheating recipe! Perfect for busy nights when you're craving some comfort food. It's very similar to a "Peter Palmer Pie" my mom used to make while growing up. I got this out of the October 2007 Real Simple magazine. It was very tasty, but I've tweaked the original recipe. The recipe here shows how I make it at home. Prep. time includes browning the beef, cooking time includes baking in the oven. Tastes good as leftovers, too!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- seasoned garlic powder (I like Garlic Garni)
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (I prefer Cheddar)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagerefrigerated mashed potatoes (I use the garlic mashed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains (about 5 mins). I usually add some salt, pepper, and seasoned garlic powder while it browns.
- Stir in the catsup and Worcestershire sauce and add the peas and cook, while stirring, for another minute.
- Spoon the beef mixture into a baking dish.
- Mix the cheese with the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes over the beef and bake until heated through- about 10 minutes.