Recipe by A's mommy
Super yummy and EASY Shepherd's pie. The secret is Cream cheese!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this a little different in that I substituted 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (chopped into smallish cubes) for the ground beef & followed the recipe on down after that! More like a chicken pot pie, I guess, but very tasty, & we enjoyed it! The next day I made it as written for a neighbor, & they thoroughly appreciated it that was! Will keep this recipe on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chicken gravy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat in large skillet. Drain.
- Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
- Stir vegetables and gravy into meat.
- Spoon into 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.