Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super yummy and EASY Shepherd's pie. The secret is Cream cheese!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown meat in large skillet. Drain.
- Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
- Stir vegetables and gravy into meat.
- Spoon into 9-inch baking dish.
- Cover with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Made this a little different in that I substituted 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (chopped into smallish cubes) for the ground beef & followed the recipe on down after that! More like a chicken pot pie, I guess, but very tasty, & we enjoyed it! The next day I made it as written for a neighbor, & they thoroughly appreciated it that was! Will keep this recipe on hand! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
We used to live in New England where Shepherd's Pie is the ultimate comfort food. It's definitely not a common meal in the South. I would have to say though that this is a Southern Shepherd's Pie with the addition of gravy. The addition of the cheeses was very nice as well. I did swap corn for the mixed vegetables though and will most likely use beef gravy in the future. This is definitely one for my keep file....yummy comfort at its finest! Made for Fall PAC 08