Recipe by cdn_gal
This is a great recipe thats easy to prepare with not many ingredients. Enjoy with a side salad for a complete meal.
Top Review by NotAChefYet
I thought I reviewed this recipe early this week but I dont see it up. So, Ill do it again! This is the same recipe I use to make our quick and easy shepherds pie. I sometimes use a can of Cream of Mushroom for the gravy and make the mashed potatoes by hand... Thanks for posting this!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (20 ounce) box instant mashed potatoes (8 serving size)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 325'F.
- Use vegetable spray on casserole dish.
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes following box directions.
- Boil frozen vegetables in saucepan.
- Brown ground beef.
- Add 1/2 can of beef gravy.
- Add garlic powder.
- Stir until well blended.
- Drain vegetables.
- Add the beef mixture to casserole dish.
- Add the vegetables and spread evenly.
- Add large spoonfuls of the mashed potatoes
- over the vegetables.
- Wait a few minutes for potatoes to cool before spreading.
- Make a design with bottom of fork on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle some paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Add remaining warmed gravy to each serving.