1/3 Photos of Easy Shepherd's Pie
This recipe is so easy, yet so delicious. You can change up the type of meat (I have used a combo of beef, chicken and/or sausage) and use whatever veges you choose. It always comes out a winner! Whenever I bring it to a carry-in, I am inevitably asked for the recipe! I highly recommend you use Certified Angus Beef when preparing this dish ... you will taste the difference!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute beef, onion, celery and garlic in a large pan until well done.
- 2Strain off fat, leaving meat in the strainer and reserving pan for later use.
- 3Boil potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4Drain and mash with butter.
- 5Blanch carrots (or microwave until al dente) and add to beef mixture.
- 6Whisk broth with flour to thicken, and add to the pan. When gravy comes to a boil, add beef and carrot mixture.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Spoon meat mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Spoon potatoes on top.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 10Top with cheese and let sit until cheese melts from the radiated heat; approximately 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 355.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 22.7 g