Got this off of Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals. It pretty much follows her recipe. Quick and Excellent! The more gravy you make, the thinner your pie will be -- but we liked a lot extra gravy for the potatoes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 onion, chopped (I use a small onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can cooked diced carrots (I only use half)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Peel and dice potatoes and cook in boiling salted water until tender.
- 3In a large skillet, brown beef, onions and garlic.
- 4Drain fat if necessary.
- 5Add carrots, salt and pepper.
- 6In small pan whisk butter and flour together to make a roux.
- 7Add beef broth and cook until thickened.
- 8Add the gravy to the beef mixture.
- 9Transfer to a greased casserole dish.
- 10When potatoes are tender, drain and mash with butter, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- 11Spread potatoes on top of beef mixture and bake until potatoes are golden on top, 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.0
- Calories from Fat 258
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 88.7 mg
- Sodium 414.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g