Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is easy and my family loves it, you may increase the pasta sauce and cheese if desired to suit taste
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.75 (142 g) packageshake and bake original chicken coating mix (save the rest for another time)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce, divided (can use more)
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (can use shredded cheese)
- Remove about 1/4 of the package of seasoning mix and save for another time.
- Place the coating mix in the shaker bag and add in the garlic powder, black pepper and seasoned salt; shake the bag to combine.
- Add in one breast at a time to the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place the coated breasts into a greased 11 x 7-inch baking pan (or use a pan large enough to hold the chicken).
- Set oven to 375 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup pasta sauce over each breast then place a slice of mozzarella cheese or about 1/3 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake for for about 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
I halved this recipe and used chicken tenders; baked at 350 for 15 minutes, then topped with the spaghetti sauce and cheese and baked for another 5 minutes. I also used recipe #111637 instead of store-bought shake & bake. Chicken was moist, yummy and cheesy.
I wish I could award more stars. I've used Shake n' Bake for years to put a quick meal on the table, and this takes a simple piece of chicken up to a whole different level. I made this last night at the end of a fairly busy, harried day. I made it for just the 2 of us, and used an 8x8 square baking pan which worked perfectly. I "guesstimated" the amount of coating mix and seasonings. I paired the chicken with green beans sauteed in olive oil with minced garlic, and what would otherwise have been a ho-hum "chicken breasts again" meal became special. The only change I made was to use 2 slices of cheese (they were square) because one didn't cover the chicken. DH raved yesterday, and was still raving today. I'd give this 10 stars if I could, for ease of preparation and "yumminess." You've gotta try this â€” you won't believe how good it is!
Very good! A repeat keeper! Kittencal comes through again! I had never used "Shake n' Bake" before, so this was a great way for me to try it out. The chicken was moist and tender, and the sauce didn't quite make the breading mushy - it held up ok. I used folded slices of cheese over each chicken tender (I prefer those to whole breasts anymore) and it was wonderfully cheesy! From somewhere, it had a bit of a kick to it, and we determined that it was the black pepper (since the pasta sauce was known to be mild). Maybe the "Shake n' Bake" already had pepper in it, and I added more? I would probably not add any pepper the next time I make this. Seems that it would scale easily as well, if I were to use more chicken since I had left over sauce and cheese.