this is easy and my family loves it, you may increase the pasta sauce and cheese if desired to suit taste
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.75 (142 g) package shake and bake original chicken coating mix (save the rest for another time)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce, divided (can use more)
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (can use shredded cheese)
- 1Remove about 1/4 of the package of seasoning mix and save for another time.
- 2Place the coating mix in the shaker bag and add in the garlic powder, black pepper and seasoned salt; shake the bag to combine.
- 3Add in one breast at a time to the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.
- 4Place the coated breasts into a greased 11 x 7-inch baking pan (or use a pan large enough to hold the chicken).
- 5Set oven to 375 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- 6Bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup pasta sauce over each breast then place a slice of mozzarella cheese or about 1/3 cup shredded cheese on top.
- 8Return to oven and bake for for about 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Shake and Bake Chicken With Mozzarella and Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.2 mg
- Sodium 558.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken coating mix