Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is easy and my family loves it, you may increase the pasta sauce and cheese if desired to suit taste
Top Review by LainieBug
I halved this recipe and used chicken tenders; baked at 350 for 15 minutes, then topped with the spaghetti sauce and cheese and baked for another 5 minutes. I also used recipe #111637 instead of store-bought shake & bake. Chicken was moist, yummy and cheesy.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 0.75 (142 g) packageshake and bake original chicken coating mix (save the rest for another time)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce, divided (can use more)
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese (can use shredded cheese)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove about 1/4 of the package of seasoning mix and save for another time.
- Place the coating mix in the shaker bag and add in the garlic powder, black pepper and seasoned salt; shake the bag to combine.
- Add in one breast at a time to the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.
- Place the coated breasts into a greased 11 x 7-inch baking pan (or use a pan large enough to hold the chicken).
- Set oven to 375 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup pasta sauce over each breast then place a slice of mozzarella cheese or about 1/3 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake for for about 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.