Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so good made with garden-fresh green beans, you can also use small cauliflower or broccoli florets, but must make certain that the florets are completely dry before coating with the mixture.
Top Review by KelBel
Well, these are quite yummy. I used both white and black sesame seeds, and DH and I ate the whole pound of green beans while watching football. I also fried up some broccoli florets that were equally as good. Not low fat (I don't believe the stats on this recipe) but yummy for an occational treat! These would be great dipped in ranch dressing!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (or can, use room temperature beer)
- 1 lb fresh green beans (trimmed and rinsed under cold water)
- 2 quarts oil (for deep-fying)
- seasoning salt (to taste, or use white salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make certain to completely dry the beans using a clean tea towel or a paper towel.
- Heat 2 quarts oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix together flour with seasme seeds; add in the room temperature beer and mix until smooth and combined.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Place the beans into the mixture and roll to coat.
- Deep-fry in small batches until golden brown.
- Drain on a heavy brown paper bag or paper towels.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt or white salt over while they are still hot.