Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
So easy and good! For lunch the next day, combine the leftover sauce with four parts vinegar (rice or white wine or whatever you have) and one part oil (sesame or whatever you have) for salad dressing. Pour over your favorite greens, sliced leftover chicken and chopped veggies for a delicious Asian salad!
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenderized
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Mix the first six ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the water and soy sauce in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, then coat with the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with the chicken.
This was a basic chicken nugget recipe which was good but nothing fancy until I added the sauce; that really transformed it into something really delicious. We loved this.
I saw some reviewers mentioned "nuggets", so I chopped up 1.87 pounds of chicken and the breadcrumb mix just made it. I will make this again because my picky 3-year-old gobbled it up and asked for more. But next time I'll just cook the nuggets 25-30 minutes; they were overdone at 37-or-so when I took them out. I'll also try this with tofu as an experiment. Thanks! Reviewed for ZWT4.
We loved this recipe! I used fresh breadcrumbs from a loaf of whole grain bread with pecans. I used fresh paprika which really gave a great flavor to the chicken and the sauce complemented it well. I would make this again! Quick, Easy and yummy!!! Thanks Jen! *Photo Tag*