Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
There is no sauce to this recipe, and you may omit the sesame oil if desired, the chicken is still great with just the added soy sauce, but I suggest to increase if you are not using the sesame oil --- unless you have a huge wok you will need to make this in two batches so the chicken will cook evenly --- this is quick and very easy to make, to save time you may slice the breasts up 24 hours in advance --- my family like lots of heat so I most always add in 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes, do not make this omitting the cornstarch it will not be the same --- all ingredients may be adjusted to taste, serve with cooked rice or noodles :)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into bite-size pieces, about 1-inch or a little larger or cut into strips)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided (or use a much as desired)
- toasted sesame seeds
- 1 small finely chopped green onion (optional)
- Place the chicken cubes in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the chicken; using clean hand toss together to coat the chicken with the cornstarch until well coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons in a wok over high heat.
- Add in HALF of the chicken, then sprinkle with about 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt and black pepper; stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until JUST cooked (do not overcook the chicken, it will cook in very little time, I use 2 smaller heat-proof spatulas for stir-frying).
- Add in 1 tablespoon (or more) of soy sauce and continue cooking and tossing until coated with the sauce.
- Remove the wok from heat then drizzle about 1 teaspoon seasme oil over the cooked chicken; toss until very well to combined.
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in the wok.
- Repeat the process with remaining chicken, seasoned salt, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds, then chopped green onion.
A fun change. It was very easy to prepare. Had good favor. I think I will add the crushed chili flakes next time. I also will half the oil next time, I found the dish a little heavy. We are not use to eating foods prepared in oil. But am over all pleased and will for sure make again. Thanks for sharing your recipe :)