Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of the least complicated gumbo recipes I've tried, yet it comes from Cajun Cuisine cookbook, so it's still all about Cajun! I skip the oysters for personal preference!
- Make a dark roux with the butter and flour, add water, bring to boil and cook until roux is dissolved.
- Reduce heat, add veggies; chop enough shrimp to make one cup, add to gumbo.
- Simmer on low for 3 hours. (or less!).
- Add remaining shrimp, crab, (oysters), salt, peppers and simmer for 10 minutes or until warm.
- Serve over cooked rice. (May add file powder before serving.).