Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make chowder, using simple ingredients. Good served on bowls with hot crusty bread.
- 1⁄2 lb cod fish fillet
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I use olive)
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Cut fish into large chunks.
- Leave the shrimp whole.
- Combine onion, zucchini, garlic and oil in 3 1/2quart sauce pan.
- Over medium heat, cook until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, wine and seasoningsl Continue cooking until boiling.
- Add seafood.
- Continue to cook until fish flakes easily.
Made this yesterday for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag 2009. I cut the recipe in half and used a little less olive oil and added some butter to cook the vegies in. It still turn out very delicious and I will be making this again. Served with a green salad with Yummy Ranch Dressing#105055 by Chef#173838#173838 to top it and a side of garlic bread. Thank you for a great recipe!!!
This was so easy and very good! I loved that I already had tom. juice and fresh basil on hand from making Tom. basil soup! It's a great way to get your seafood and soup fix in one shot! Thanks so much for sharing! I think next time I'll reduce the amt. of oil & use a little butter and chix. stock instead to reduce fat & calories. I'll let you know how it turns out!