Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make chowder, using simple ingredients. Good served on bowls with hot crusty bread.
Make and share this Easy Seafood Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb cod fish fillet
- 1⁄2 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I use olive)
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- Cut fish into large chunks.
- Leave the shrimp whole.
- Combine onion, zucchini, garlic and oil in 3 1/2quart sauce pan.
- Over medium heat, cook until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato juice, wine and seasoningsl Continue cooking until boiling.
- Add seafood.
- Continue to cook until fish flakes easily.
Made this yesterday for Zaar Alphabet Soup Tag 2009. I cut the recipe in half and used a little less olive oil and added some butter to cook the vegies in. It still turn out very delicious and I will be making this again. Served with a green salad with Yummy Ranch Dressing#105055 by Chef#173838#173838 to top it and a side of garlic bread. Thank you for a great recipe!!!
This was so easy and very good! I loved that I already had tom. juice and fresh basil on hand from making Tom. basil soup! It's a great way to get your seafood and soup fix in one shot! Thanks so much for sharing! I think next time I'll reduce the amt. of oil & use a little butter and chix. stock instead to reduce fat & calories. I'll let you know how it turns out!