Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is so quick to put together and simply delicious. Who knew that cream cheese could contribute to such a lovely Alfredo sauce? That's perhaps the best part about trying new recipes. They're constantly surprising you.
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled &,deveined or 1 lb bay scallops or 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle garlic salt over shrimp and cook in butter until shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Add milk and heat just to boiling; stir in cream cheese and basil.
- Reduce heat and stir constantly until cream cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Toss hot pasta with the sauce and transfer to serving dish.
- Serve immediately.
This dish was so easy to make! I added crab and 1/4 tsp of salt. It was delish!
This was sooo good! I'll make it again and again! I used fresh scalops, jumbo shrimp and canned crab meat, turned out great!