I'm not a big fan of eggs but my husband is, so I make them quite often. This is one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. Hope you like it, too.
- Beat eggs.
- Heat skillet and pour light coating of olive oil.
- Heal oil for about a minute.
- Add diced scallions and fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add eggs.
- Fry for about 2 minutes or until eggs are desired consistency. I use a rubber spatula to break up the egg mixture as it fries.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
These were really good. We enjoyed the scallions in this. We also added a little bit of milk. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
Sauteing the scallions added a wonderful zesty touch that I think might have been missed if using just fresh scallions. I made mine as instructed in the recipe, but my my kids insisted on having a little milk add to their beaten eggs (so it would be a little fluffier) and a little cheddar cheese tossed in. But all in all, this is a nice version of the classic breakfast dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Azriel31. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.