1/2 Photos of Easy Scrambled Egg Pie
Diana #2's Note:
This is an easy meal for breakfast, brunch or even supper. We usually have this Christmas morning. It's a great time saver as you can prepare it up to 24 hours ahead. Quite often I've used cheddar in place of the processed cheese slices. I've also added ham, onions, and the like for a change of pace. My family however, prefers it as written below. UPDATE: When it is just DH and I, I make individual pies, as shown in the photos. The tart tins are 5-1/2" in dia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake pie shell according to package directions. Cool. Arrange 3 cheese slices in bottom of pie crust, cutting to fit.
- 2In a large bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Add chives, salt and pepper.
- 3Heat butter in a large frypan. Add egg mixture to hot pan. Cook, while stirring, over low heat until mixture is almost set.
- 4Pile into the prepared pie shell. Arrange remaining cheese slices on top and sprinkle with bacon and additional chives if desired.
- 5Bake for 20 minutes at 375*.
- 6This can be assembled the night before, then baked in the morning. Allow an extra 10 minutes cooking time if coming from the refrigerator.
- 7Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Scrambled Egg Pie
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.7
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 473.7 mg
- Sodium 1046.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 21.5 g