Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I vary the flavor of these scones almost every time I make them.
Make and share this Easy Scones recipe from Food.com.
- I never keep buttermilk on hand, so I add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to 2/3 cup 2% milk and let it sit while I prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, Add the milk and stir a few strokes, add the extract to the melted butter and add that to the mix. Add in cranberries. Mix just enough to combine ingredients then let sit a few minutes.
- I put parchment paper on a cookies sheet and dust with flour. Push the dough out of the bowl onto the floured paper. Dust the top of the sticky dough and then pat down/shape into a round "pattie" about 1 inch thick. Grease pizza cutter and cut into triangular (pizza slice) pieces before baking. (You will have to cut them again after baking.).
- The original recipe called for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F. I like my scones a little browned, I always go about 5 minutes longer, but that's my oven.
- *You can vary the flavor of different batches of scones by using blueberries, sliced or toasted almonds or chocolate chips. I always use orange extract. It gives it a fresh, bright complementary flavor to go with the fruit, nuts, chips or whatever you decide to flavor your scones with.