Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Bundle this scone mix up in a pretty colored tea bag attach the directions and you have a cozy gift !
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup currants
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, poppy seed and salt in large bowl.
- in butter, using pastry blender or fork, till mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Stir in currants.
- Place in seal-able plastic bag, glass jar or gift container.
- refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 2 months.
- Include directions: Heat oven to 425°F
- mix 2 tbsp lemon juice and 3/4 cup milk;
- stir into easy scone mix.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- Pat or roll into 9 inch circle on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar; if desired.
- Cut in 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- bake 12-15 minutes till golden brown.
- immediately remove from sheet; carefully separate wedges.