Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Scalloped potatoes made with reduced fat cream of mushroom soup. The havarti cheese helps to create a creamy texture. Can be used as a side dish or one dish meal.
- 5 -6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly (use a high starch, low moisture potato for best results)
- 3 -4 green onions, diced (may substitue a small onion diced)
- 8 ounces ham, sliced in 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch thickeness, trimmed and diced (I prefer Black Forrest Ham)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 slices havarti cheese, diced
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Mix the 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup with the milk until well blended.
- Butter the bottom of a 2 qt baking dish.
- Put aside 1/3 of the havarti cheese to place on top of the casserole.
- Place an even layer of potatoes on bottom of buttered baking dish, season with small amount of salt and pepper, layer ham, onions, cheese and the soup/milk mixture. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Top with the remaining 1/3 of havarti cheese.
- Cover the casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 15-30 minutes until potatoes are tender and top of dish is light golden brown.
This recipe was SO good! And it was absolutely delicious the next day too (even though there wasn't much left)! The potatoes were cooked perfectly and the havarti really adds to the creaminess of the dish.
This recipe tasted great, my husband enjoyed it. I had some issues with the consistency. Three stars because I think the recipe should state what size or maybe weight of potatoes to use. I used Yukon gold potatoes but the casserole was left full of liquid inside. I did double the recipe and used a 9x13 pan. The cooking time was right on.