Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ooey gooey delightful potatoes with ham cubes. This is my mother's recipe. She is the best cook I know, and I like to think I am not too bad myself lol.
- 6 -8 peeled potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed ham
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and peel potatoes, and slice into thin slices no 1/8 of an inch thick.
- Butter a casserole dish, and place an even layer of potatoes in the bottom of dish.
- Using a tablespoon sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over potatoes. Salt and pepper, Sprinkle with 1/4 of the ham.
- Cut butter into small bits and sprinkle over the ham. leaving enough for 3 more layers.
- Repeat layering, potatoes, salt and pepper, flour, ham and butter, until potatoes are all gone.
- Pour enough milk over the whole casserole until it comes up to the top layer of potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and back an additional 10 minutes until top is lightly browned and potatoes are tender. It should appear very bubbly and yummy.
Sorry, really disappointed with this recipe - I followed your directions exactly, and it turned out to be nothing more than potatoes (that were still not cooked through despite being in the oven for 90 minutes) and hot milk with lumps of flour floating around. Not a creamy base at all. Definitely not happy that I wasted food I couldn't afford to lose like this, as it wasn't edible and ended up having to throw it out. Was hoping for a good inexpensive filling meal with leftovers for at least 1-2 more dinners.
I liked it, famliy didnt. Reminded me of food at grammas farm.