Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so simple and so good. Goes great with any kind of meat and vegetable. Adjust the amount of ingredients according to the size of your casserole dish
- 4 potatoes
- 1 medium onion (optional)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk (low fat or fat free is fine)
- Start by slicing the potatoes about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- You may peel them first if you like.
- In a casserole dish, lay down a single layer of potatoes.
- Put some onion of top if you like.
- Sprinkle lightly with flour, salt, and peper.
- (If you like it really creamy, add more flour) Place 2-3 tabs of butter on top Repeat the layers to the top of the casserole dish.
- Pour the milk over the top of the potatoes until the dish is about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375F for 1 hour.
This is a great go to recipe. I screwed up and added foil to the top as I put a ham steak on the top when I baked it. My fault. The taste was spot on. Thanks for sharing. Easy to assemble.
Such a great easy recipe! I love that you don't have to make the sauce in another pan. And it really is lower fat than the norm. I also like that is uses just 4 potatoes, perfect for my family and a cute little casserole dish.
used this for the first time last week, like the title says "easy", excellent!