Recipe by Emjay99
This recipe is great for pot luck suppers. It freezes really well (thaw and cook when required) - and can be easily halved and baked in a 9" square casserole. It goes great with baked ham, is very easy to assemble and has the scalloped potato flavour without the fuss.
- 8 cups frozen hash browns
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 2 cans condensed cheddar cheese soup (works well with reduced fat cream of mushroom or celery soup)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated Italian cheese blend (can use cheddar or just mozzarella instead)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, such as kraft
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw potatoes slightly for easier mixing.
- In a large bowl and using a wire whisk, blend together well, the sour cream and soup.
- Stir in the hash browns, onion and celery.
- If you are using the mushroom or celery soup instead of the cheese soup, you can add 1 cup of grated strong cheddar cheese at this point if you wish.
- But it is just as good without.
- Spread into a greased 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend and lastly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.