Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Thinly sliced buttered bread takes the place of tart shells, although I have only made this recipe using the bread, I imagine that this could be made using small tart shells also maybe just prebake the tart shells slightly prior to filling them --- when purchasing the bread for this purchase the low calorie bread, it is usually the thin sliced and is the perfect thickness for the tarts :)
- 36 slices white bread (thin sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (7 ounce) can crabmeat (pick out any shells)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- salt (to taste)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- To make the bread tart shells; generously butter small muffin tins.
- Cut a 3-inch round from each slice of bread.
- Press into muffin tins.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the filling; melt butter in a pan.
- Stir in flour; whisk until bubbly (about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in half and half cream; cook whisking until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Stir in grated cheese until melted.
- Add in all remaining ingredients; mix until combined.
- Fill each bread tartlet with mixture.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until bubbly.