1/1 Photo of Easy Savory Meatloaf
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
My variation on the stuffing meatloaf recipies that are so popular. The original version was too bready for me and my boyfriend. This version is easy and quick to make and is good hot or sliced cold for sandwiches. I buy the stuffing mix that comes in the canister - sometimes the store brand, sometimes the name brand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup herb stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1For Meatloaf:
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3In a large bowl, mix chopped onion and stuffing mix, and pour in the broth and let set while you prepare the pan.
- 4Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with deep sides with foil. Set a baking rack large enough to hold the meatloaf in the pan and spray lightly with cooking spray, or brush lightly with oil.
- 5In the large bowl, mix in remaining ingredients until evenly blended.
- 6Form the meat mixture into a large loaf pan, pressing down with a rubber spatula or large spoon until the meat is evenly pressed into the pan.
- 7Cut a piece of foil slightly smaller than the top of the meatloaf and press it onto the top. (This foil keeps the meatloaf from falling through the rack as it cooks.)
- 8Run a dull knife around the sides of the meatloaf to loosen it from the pan.
- 9Invert the meatloaf onto the prepared rack on the cookie sheet and tap the bottom of the loaf pan so it slides out on the rack.
- 10You will now bake the meatloaf with no pan. The lets the grease drain away as it cooks.
- 11Bake about 60 minutes, then remove from oven and glaze the top with the three remaining ingredients blended into a sauce.
- 12Return to oven and cook about 15 minutes further or until any juices run clear.
- 13Note: You can substitute ground turkey for the pork. Serve with more of the sauce used for the glaze.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Savory Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.5
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 124.2 mg
- Sodium 287.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb stuffing mix