Recipe by Gloria 15x
A simple sauce that tastes exotic, like a gourmet recipe. You can save the sauce in a jar in the frig and have it ready for the next time you want to make this or thicken it with a little cornstarch to serve over rice or potatoes.
Top Review by Haftalaf
Incredible. Had to make additions and substitutions because of what I had on hand, but WOW! Great basic recipe. I added a few mushrooms, whole black olives, one chopped green pepper, Vermouth and Sherry since I had no beer. Great recipe, even with substitutions. Thanks, Gloria. This recipe's a keeper that I can change a bit according to what I have. Restaurant worthy.
- 16 ounces Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer salad dressing in a skillet just below the bubbling point about 15 minutes, or until you can no longer smell the vinegar aroma.
- Add the butter and beer. Reduce heat and cook until you can to longer smell the aroma of the beer. Season with salt, pepper and tabasco and drop in the shrimp. Saute the shrimp until they are pink and tender, about 4 to 6 minutes.