1/1 Photo of Easy Sauteed Button Mushrooms With Lemon Cream Sauce
This is a simple recipe with gourmet taste. Cook down the mushrooms well until there is absolutely no liquid left in them. Just try to resist keeping your spoon away after the complete recipe is cooked, I can honestly say that I can't lol, they are so good Unless you have a huge frypan you most likely will have to do this recipe in two batches, or just prepare half a recipe (2 pounds mushrooms)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare this recipe in two batches: melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in half of the mushrooms, and saute until absolutely NO juices remain (about 15-18 minutes) and season with salt.
- 3Add in 1/2 cup wine, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and just a tiny pinch of nutmeg; boil until slightly reduced stirring occasionally (about 5-6 minutes).
- 4Add in 1 cup whipping cream and boil until sauce thickens and coats the mushrooms (about 10 minutes).
- 5Season with black pepper and transfer to a bowl.
- 6Repeat with remaining mushrooms (if using 4 pounds).
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sauteed Button Mushrooms With Lemon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.9
- Calories from Fat 617
- Total Fat 68.6 g
- Saturated Fat 42.2 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 16.8 g