Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family does not like pieces of onion or celery stuffing so this is a delicious way to make a stuffing without them. You can cook this inside the bird or out or both!
- 1 lb breakfast pork sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 3 -4 cups chicken broth (start with 3 cups and keep adding until your desired moistness.... I use all 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage and cook, stirring occasionally until sausage is brown.
- Place stuffing mix in a large bowl. Add sausage, including drippings (leave out drippings for lower fat but it's good with the drippings in!).
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour broth and butter over the top and toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish; cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- OR Stuff neck and body cavities lightly with stuffing and cook turkey as directed. Spoon any remaining stuffing into separate greased baking dish. Cover and refrigerate stuffing until ready to bake. Add the baking dish with remaining stuffing to oven for the last 30 minutes of cooking the turkey.
This recipe was very quick and easy to make. My only concern is it does not tell you how much butter to add. I just used my judgement. Still came out awesome.