Eggs, sausage, potato, cheese all in one dish. Easy to prepare the night before and bake in the morning.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Cook and stir sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until evenly browned and broken up.
- Remove sausage to a separate plate.
- Add the butter to the same skillet and replace over medium heat.
- Add the package of diced potatoes.
- Cook and stir until lightly browned and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Place the potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cover with the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all.
- Pour the eggs over the top.
- Finish with the rest of the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the eggs are fully cooked.
- If the dish has been refrigerated and is cold, it can take up to an hour to bake.
My serving was for 2 and I used chistorras instead of pork sausage (a spaniard-basque sausage). Loved it. Great plate of food for when you drank a lot the night before, LOL. The seasoning was to my taste, I didn't follow the recipe's.
Good recipe. I definetly had to bake longer than 30 minutes for the eggs to set up and I only used 7 eggs. I am a semi-new cook and do not have or have ever used seasoning salt so I left it out and don't think it mattered. Will make again.
The dish sounds really good. I will try it soon and get back to you about. Truthfully i'm not the greatest cook but hopefully with this website I can help myself be a better cook. Thanks