Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eggs, sausage, potato, cheese all in one dish. Easy to prepare the night before and bake in the morning.
- 1 lb pork sausage (hot or regular)
- 20 ounces diced potatoes, with onion, refrigerated, Simply Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Cook and stir sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until evenly browned and broken up.
- Remove sausage to a separate plate.
- Add the butter to the same skillet and replace over medium heat.
- Add the package of diced potatoes.
- Cook and stir until lightly browned and slightly crispy on the outside.
- Place the potatoes in the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cover with the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all.
- Pour the eggs over the top.
- Finish with the rest of the seasoning salt and pepper.
- Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the eggs are fully cooked.
- If the dish has been refrigerated and is cold, it can take up to an hour to bake.
Just made this recipe. It was super easy. I had no breakfast sausage or frozen potatoes. Used sweet mild Italian and diced up a few potatoes,onions and cooked them up. Great for morning after a wedding party!
I'm making this now. I used 15 eggs since I'll be serving 5 people, as well as a little more cheese than it called for. I also didn't have a frozen bag of potatoes so I diced up two large ones from the pantry. It's in the oven now and smells delicious!
My serving was for 2 and I used chistorras instead of pork sausage (a spaniard-basque sausage). Loved it. Great plate of food for when you drank a lot the night before, LOL. The seasoning was to my taste, I didn't follow the recipe's.