My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot and spicy ground pork sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used the kind with peppers and onions included.)
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- canned jalapeno pepper, slices to taste
- 4 large hoagie rolls
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- olive oil
- garlic pepper seasoning, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1Brown sausage in skillet & drain grease. When browned, add in canned tomatoes/ pepper/ onions with juice and seasonings. Simmer until thickened.
- 2In another small skillet, saute onion rings with a small amount of olive oil. Season to taste with garlic-pepper and salt. Cook until onions become translucent and remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, toast buns under broiler. (I spritz mine with a bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray before toasting.) Top toasted buns with sausage mixture, then two slices of cheese over sausage, and pop back under the broiler for a few minutes to melt cheese.
- 4Finish off sandwiches with sauted onions and jalapeno slices. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Sausage Pizzaiola Subs -Amy's Version
Serving Size: 1 (1453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.1
- Calories from Fat 428
- Total Fat 47.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.3 mg
- Sodium 1738.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 38.2 g