Recipe by Sonya01
easy peasy meal for during the week
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Definitely fast! I used some andouille sausage that I had cooked previously and frozen. Subbed 1 large shallot for the onion and subbed grated manchego for the tasty cheese. It was cooked perfectly in 50 minutes as written. We found it to be a bit bland so I would add some seasoning/spices/herbs next time. THANKS! Made for Aus/NZ swap June 2009.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 6 thin beef sausages
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 160°C Grease a 4cm deep, 17.5cm x 24.5cm (base) baking dish.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until soft. Remove to a bowl. Add sausages to frying pan. Cook for 6 minutes, turning, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Spoon sausages, onion, carrot, zucchini and cheese over base of baking dish.
- Whisk flour and milk in a bowl until smooth. Add eggs, and salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined. Pour over sausages. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until set. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.