Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This yummy recipe from the Canadian Living website can be made with either sweet or hot Italian sausage.
- 226.79 g Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml short-grain rice
- 828.06 ml chicken stock
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add the garlic, onion, zucchini, oregano, salt and pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat.
- Add 3 cups of the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer, stirring once, for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock.
- Simmer, stirring often, until moist and creamy, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, parmesan and parsley.