Recipe by Elizabeth Fullerton
This was so good, I went off my diet for the night! Very creamy texture.
Top Review by Midge Plourde
I agree that this was easy to make. I think next time I will saute some portabello mushrooms and add them instead od the sausages, and serve this dish as a side. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup (Campbell's makes it)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, heat water to boiling.
- add salt and butter, then pinch off bite size pieces of sausage and drop into water.
- Add rice and soup.
- Stir for one minute.
- Turn heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When finished cooking, allow to cool for five minutes then serve.