Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was so good, I went off my diet for the night! Very creamy texture.
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup (Campbell's makes it)
- In saucepan, heat water to boiling.
- add salt and butter, then pinch off bite size pieces of sausage and drop into water.
- Add rice and soup.
- Stir for one minute.
- Turn heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- When finished cooking, allow to cool for five minutes then serve.
I agree that this was easy to make. I think next time I will saute some portabello mushrooms and add them instead od the sausages, and serve this dish as a side. Thanks for the great recipe!
Excellent comfort food! Didn't have to stand over it and keep adding liquid, just stirred occasionally. Keep the heat LOW. Loved the flavor of this dish and it was very easy.