Recipe by SkyGlitter
This is a fairly easy and tasty recipe. To save time I cook the breakfast sausage in advance and freeze 1/2 cup portions in small baggies and just take one out the night before making. Feel free to add or omit anything you like but keep in mind the more items inside the heavier it is and not as easy to flip in the frying pan. I like it just the way it is but you might like to serve with hot sauce or salsa. Cook & prep times are approximate. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (I prefer colby)
- 4 eggs, scrambled & cooked
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled & drained
- 2 teaspoons oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage, drain & set aside.
- Scramble & cook the eggs, set aside.
- Grate the cheese while heating the oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Place one tortilla in the pan with 1/2 the cheese spread out evenly.
- Add the scrambled eggs spreading out evenly and then the sausage.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add remaining cheese spreading out evenly (the cheese is the glue that holds this together) and top with the other tortilla.
- Cover with lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned then flip and brown the other side.
- Remove to a plate and cut into 6 pieces and eat with fingers!