Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a variation of Sausage Stars/Sausage Cup recipes that use wanton wrappers and ranch dressing. My version uses Tostitos Scoops (bowl shaped corn chips) and cream cheese for some of the ranch dressing. I made these for Christmas Eve and Super Bowl Sunday, and they were a huge hit on both occasions! You can make the filling in advance and refrigerate until you are ready to assemble and bake. If I am taking these to a party, I fill the shells before I leave home and bake when I arrive at the party. They are also great with regular ranch dressing, but we prefer parmesan peppercorn flavor.
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- Brown sausage and drain well on paper towels.
- Return sausage to skillet and stir in cream cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in ranch dressing and sharp cheddar cheese.
- Fill scoops with sausage-cheese mixture. Arrange the filled scoops on a cookie sheet or baking pan. For less greasy cups, bake on a wire rack set on top of the cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
I have made this several times and it's always a hit. double the recipe and cream cheese and use the hot sausage and try to get the jalapeno chips. Easy and lasts several days. Love to scoop it into the chips and microwave a few seconds for a quick snack!
Made this as instructed only cutting the recipe in half. I did use a spicier sausage because we like a little kick. Definately something good to make for football, baseball (any sports) season or for a holiday. Thank you for another great recipe.
Love this recipe.... made this several times and receive requests for it!