Recipe by Wendy W88
This sounded SO gross to me when I first heard of it at a church breakfast...sausage with blueberries?! After about a month of them pestering me to try it, I did and can't ever get enough! Very easy to make and a big hit with children! Cook time includes about 10 minutes to brown sausage.
Top Review by BenandMatt'smommy
All of my boys (including my husband) just loved this cake! I liked it better cold later in the day, but the boys ate it for breakfast and again for dinner! My husband liked it right out of the toaster oven with melted butter. Thanks for posting :o)
- 2 packages of real blueberry muffin mix
- 1 lb roll of pork sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Other ingredients will vary according to box directions, such as eggs, oil, etc.
- Brown sausage in a frying pan; drain.
- Prepare both boxes of blueberry muffin mix, according to directions, in a large bowl.
- Add sausage and pour into a 9X13 baking dish.
- Cooking times will vary, but mine is usually done in about 30 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Use a toothpick to test for doneness if you are unsure.
- Cut into squares.