Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the back of a package of stove top. Looks interesting...
Make and share this Easy Sausage Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups hot water
- 1 (6 ounce) package pork stuffing mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir till blended. Set aside.
- Saute Italian sausage in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat until nicely browned.
- Add vegetables to skillet, saute until crisp tender. Drain any oil in skillet.
- Place sausage mixture into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Cover with tomato sauce.
- Cover with prepared stuffing.
- Bake 25 minutes or until heated throughout.
I made this tonight and served it with cheese on top instead of the stuffing mix and it was great. I diced up an extra green pepper into the sauce. This is quite versatile and extra vegies could easily be added. I used a beef and herb sausage - great dinner !