Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
For all you sauerkraut lovers, this is delicious!
Top Review by Cats Eye
Sorry Kitten, but we really didn't like this very much. All the ingredients are ones that we like but it just didn't work for us. I did follow the recipe as written except I added an extra can of mushroom soup because when I put it together I could tell one wouldn't have been enough. And it definately needs more flavor. Next time I think I will leave out the sauerkraut, add more spices and maybe put in some peas! It's a nice cassarole that you can change up a bit to suit your own tastes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 fresh minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 8 ounces noodles, cooked and drained (any kind is good)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, brown the pork pieces.
- Add in the onions garlic (if using) and celery, cook until soft but not brown.
- Stir in the sauerkraut (with the juice), cooked noodled, undiluted soup and mushrooms; season with salt and pepper to taste; mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a greased casserole dish.
- Cover, and bake for 1-1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally.