Recipe by LiisaN
Plain and simple - comfort food to warm the soul.
Top Review by Pismo
For some reason I bought a jar of sauerkraut last time I was at the grocery store (it looked really good!). So I was looking for an easy recipe I could make with ingredients I had on hand. This one was the winner! I halved the recipe because I didn't have that many hashbrowns, and used 1 can of cream of chicken soup, but still used 1 lb. of hamburger because I had to defrost it anyway. My husband and I both really liked it and it was incredibly easy to make. The hamburger on the bottom of the dish seemed a little overcooked so I'll cut back on the baking time next time (maybe to 45 min.?) and add more sauerkraut because I love it so much, but it's a great basic recipe! This is a keeper! Thanks!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream soup (I use mushroom and chicken - one of each)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, drain grease.
- Place in large casserole.
- Add hash browns.
- Then spread soup over potatoes.
- Drain sauerkraut and layer on top.
- You don't have to use the whole can.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cheese and bake until melted.
- Stir well before serving.