1/2 Photos of Easy Saucy Roast Beef
1 hr 15 mins
I love a nice juicy medium rare roast beef but my family demands well done meat and that's just way too dry for me; I found a way to make everyone happy and it is so easy! This will work for anyone cooking for a group that has very different ideas of how well done the roast beef should be. It's really easy because you season the meat and do nothing more until it finishes roasting, then you mix water and gravy and add sliced meat and that's about as much effort as it takes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place beef roast in roasting pan on top of a roast rack so that it is not laying flat on the pan bottom.
- 3Cover beef with montreal steak seasoning so that you don't even see the beef surface; if you don't have the seasoning, you can sub salt and lots of fresh cracked pepper and maybe a touch of garlic powder (but it won't be exactly the same).
- 4Roast beef for about 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on size; you can use meat thermometer to check if you like, meat should be at medium rare.
- 5Let meat rest for a few minutes; while this is going on, mix 3 cups cold water with 2 packages brown gravy mix (a whisk really helps here).
- 6After a few minutes, slice roast beef as thin or thick as you like; my family likes it about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Set aside a few slices for those who like their meat medium rare.
- 7Drain pan drippings from roast pan into a large frying pan, add gravy mixture, stir until it starts to bubble.
- 8Place roast beef slices that you want to be well done into pan with gravy, cook and let gravy reduce a bit, about 10 minutes or so.
- 9Put well done beef and also saved medium rare slices onto a serving platter and drizzle last bits of gravy over all. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Saucy Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.9
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 150.0 mg
- Sodium 685.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 50.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning