Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I enjoy sangria and this recipe sounded really good. Found on MyRecipes.com and originated from Cooking Lights magazine. Refrigeration time is cooking time.
- 1 (1 1/2 liter) bottle dry red wine, divided
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups sparkling water, chilled
- 8 orange wedges
- 5 lemon slices
- 5 lime slices
- In a 2 quart glass measure, add 1/2 cup wine, brandy, Triple Sec, and sugar. Place in microwave and heat on high for 1 minute or until mixture is warm. Stir, dissolving sugar, and add remaining wine, juices, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and strain into a pitcher discarding spices. Stir in sparkling water and remaining ingredients, serve immediately.
This is a good sangria but for us the spices were maybe too much. We may prefer it without the spices. Thanks Lauralie :) Made for I Recommend tag game
Loved it - but look at the ingredients!!! What's not to love??? I really think the brandy and the triple sec (actually, I used Cointreau) made this rendition special and potent. The spice mix was perfect.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #26 * -- SOOO sorry to be late, but this was an exellent companion for a lovely fillet mignon ! I prepare 1/2 recipe and used 1 Tbsp peach brandy instead of orange, (was what I had), and a tad less sugar. DH and i really enjoyed this, and will keep as our Go To sangria recipe for summer meals. Thanks, Lauralie41, for posting this most satisfying sangria !