Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I call this Sam's chicken casserole because it uses the canned chicken that I buy at Sam's warehouse store. The recipe was included in the package with the cans. You could easily substitute other canned or cooked chicken.
- 26 ounces canned chicken breasts, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until rice is done.