1/3 Photos of Easy Salsa Rice
Feel free to saute a little green bell pepper with onions, you may adjust the garlic and chili flakes to taste --- this is very good! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to heat level) (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (I use converted white rice)
- 2 cups water or 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) jar Pace Picante Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste) (optional)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- 1In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat; add in onion, garlic and chili flakes, cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- 2Add in rice, water and salsa; stir and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20-22 minutes or until the rice is tender or is at desired doneness.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Salsa Rice
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 687.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g