Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A crowd pleasing meatloaf, may be made with ground beef or ground turkey. Both are yummy.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix the ground sirloin, salsa, bread crumbs, cheese, egg, and garlic.
- Season with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees F (72 degrees C).
I am not much of a cook, a beginner, and this recipe was super easy and came out tasting great! At first I wasn't too sure about how the cheese would taste, but once I tried it there seemed to be only a hint of the cheese flavor - maybe it adds moistness? Like I said, I'm a beginner. I used crushed crackers with parmesan cheese and dried basil instead of the Italian breadcrumbs (per my friend's suggestion), but I still think it came out fine. Thanks for the recipe, I'm planning to make it again! :)