Recipe by replank
Extra easy casserole - make as spicy or as mild as you like, depending on the type of salsa you use. I combined parts of several existing recipes to create this one.
Top Review by Legna
I'm saddened to only give 1 star. It sounded & smelled so good while baking. However, the crust was very doughy, I baked a little longer & it was still doughy but the top was burnt. Next time, I would bake the crust a little first, then add the meat & cheese & bake a little longer. <br/>Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 ounces salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups taco cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Press crescent rolls into a greased 9 x 13" pan. (Do not separate the rolls). Press the perforated edges together to create "crust.".
- Cook beef, onions, salt, pepper, and chili powder in skillet over medium heat until meat is browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salsa.
- Spoon over crust. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.